Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Technology: It's Always Changing


Rule number 5: There are a lot of cool things happening in technology all the time. There are so many potential subjects I can do my report on it is hard to pick one. Preferably I would like to find an obscure subject that no one has heard about, but a subject like that would be hard to find and equally as hard to study. My answer on the mid-term was robotics, which interests me, and while I will end up looking at it as a potential subject to study, right now I’m strongly thinking about doing a report on quantum computing. There are a few reasons for this. The first being that I have done a little research on it in the past, so I have a basic understanding of the subject. I understand what the theory is and about where the technology is at in its life cycle, so this will make starting on this project a little easier. The second reason is that the technology interests me. They are literally attempting to control atoms as they are from different phases of existence! That sounds like some crazy nonsense a character from a sci-fi movie would say, but it’s true! My third and final reason for choosing quantum computing is because I truly believe that it will be enormously revolutionary invention. This will have as big of an impact as the invention of the traditional computer. If I can teach at least one person in class about this crazy technology, my presentation will be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rule number 11: I skipped rule number 3... TIM BERNERS-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!