Tuesday, October 16, 2018

HTML 1: It's Ugly

Rule number 2: creating websites by hand using HTML 1 is a bad idea. “What?” you say, “Don’t we still use HTML to make websites?”. Of course we do, but we use HTML 5 which has a plethora of advantages over HTML 1. We also have a plethora of programs you can use to make websites rather than hand typing every line of HTML code. Services such as Square Space and Microsoft expressions give you user-friendly interfaces that allow you to make websites that look modern and exciting, rather than outdated and plain. The point is web designers do not sit down and craft websites line by line, they use these easily accessible tools and only look at the HTML code when necessary. But my assignment wasn’t to craft the best looking website, it was to make a website using the mots basic tools provided during the world wide web’s infancy. Luckily, I had experience doing this in the past, so I didn’t come across many challenges, but if I hadn’t this task might have been a pain. I was interested in the <marquee> tag (because I have never heard of this “evil tag”), but unfortunately it didn’t work in browser (which explains why no one told me about it. It’s crazy how ugly the website I made, as well as the ones made in 90's, are compared to the ones we see now. If I saw a website that was made the same way I made mine trying to explain or sell something, I would not take them seriously, but I wouldn’t think like that 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rule number 11: I skipped rule number 3... TIM BERNERS-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!