Tuesday, October 2, 2018

What do I want out of this class?

The reason I decided to take this course: "Living and Working In a Virtual World", has changed since I first signed up for it. The initial reasons I signed up for this course were all practical; It fit my schedule, it was 3 credits so it  wouldn't overload me, it didn't have any prerequisites, and it was the closest I was gonna get to my major in my first quarter in college. However after spending a couple of days I have a few more reasons for taking this class. In addition to my reasons from a few months ago that I have previously listed, I have also decided that I am going to keep taking this class because: it gives me an opportunity to talk about subjects that interest me with a professor who has witnessed the many changes in the industry that I hope to work in after I graduate, and is pretty entertaining to listen to. I do not expect to learn too many new subjects in this class (besides the occasional news story that I knew nothing about) , this is because I already have learned about the basic history/function of computing and the internet from the various computer science classes that I took in high school. I do hope that I have more solid understanding of the subjects, though. I also hope that I have formed some new opinions about technology and it's affects on society. Oh and most of all I hope I get a 4.0, I really want a 4.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rule number 11: I skipped rule number 3... TIM BERNERS-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!